Dental Cleanings and Prevention in Marrero, LA
Preventative dental care is the single most important thing you can do for your oral health to avoid serious conditions and costly restorations. Having a healthy, beautiful smile will help you feel happier and confident in your daily life. A good preventative care routine starts at home with good oral hygiene habits and continues in the dental office with professional cleanings and exams. At Smile In Style, Diem Do DDS in Marrero, LA dental cleanings and prevention is the cornerstone of our care.
Diem Do, D.D.S. – Cleaning and Prevention
Good oral hygiene at home involves developing a routine that can be repeated every single day as a defense against decay and disease. By following these simple steps, you can form positive habits that will lead to a lifetime of oral health:
- Regular Brushing – It is important to brush your teeth at least twice a day, making sure to brush all surfaces of the teeth. A good rule of thumb is to spend about two minutes each time you brush.
- Flossing – While brushing is very effective at removing buildup on the surfaces of the teeth, debris and bacteria can still be lurking between the teeth. Flossing daily will help remove any trapped material.
- Rinsing – Rinsing with an antiseptic mouthwash will help prevent the occurrence of gum infection. It is also helpful to rinse with whatever after eating if you are unable to brush.
BEFORE AND AFTER RESULTS
If practicing good oral hygiene at home is the first step against decay and disease, in-office preventative care is the second. At Smile In Style, Diem Do DDS, these twice-yearly visits are part of our oral healthy and preventative dentistry services. During these visits, patients can expect the following:
- Exam – In order for the dentist to evaluate your oral health, he will perform a detailed exam of the teeth and gums as well as the jaw, face, head, and neck. X-rays are taken to look for any disease or decay that is not visible with the eye.
- Professional Cleaning – Plaque and tartar buildup on the teeth can lead to the development of gum disease. During a professional cleaning, we practice heavy tartar removal to reduce or prevent decay and gum disease.
- Oral Hygiene Instructions – Preventative dental appointments are a great time for us to reiterate best practice for oral hygiene and nutrition.
- Oral Cancer Screenings – During the exam portion of the visit, we look for early signs of oral cancer. When detected early, recovery chances greatly improved.
It’s true what they say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. By taking a proactive role in your oral health with good hygiene habits and regular dental visits, you can prevent many common dental problems. To book an appointment, call us today at (504) 340-9400. We proudly serve the areas of Marrero, Harvey, Gretna, Westwego, New Orleans, Avondale, Metairie, Kenner and Lafitte.