Dentistry has come a long way, especially in matters of cosmetic dentistry. We offer tooth-colored fillings to fix your cavities at Smile in Style, Diem Do DDS in Marrero, Louisiana. Gone are the days you had to show unsightly metal inside your mouth when laughing or talking. Besides, you no longer have to live on the edge because of the health risk of metal fillings. In our practice, we offer composite teeth fillings that are natural-looking and pose no health risks.
Composite filling procedure
At first, cavities may look innocuous, but they morph into larger holes that lead to teeth decay when left untreated. Unfortunately, you may not even notice you have cavities until you make an appointment with a dentist. When you visit Smile in Style, Diem Do DDS, our dentists see signs of cavities, they will recommend composite fillings to stop the spread of cavities.
But what should you expect from the treatment? Cavity filling is a safe and straightforward process. Here is what to expect.
- Get comfortable: Before starting any dental procedure, Drs. Diem Do and Tami Nguyen ensure that you are physically comfortable. For this, we offer a comfortable dentist chair and administer anesthesia to numb the affected area.
- Prepare the tooth: Here, the doctor uses a dental drill to remove the decayed part of the tooth. The doctor will also clean the tooth to kill any lingering bacteria.
- Place the filling: The final step involves placing the composite filling material to fill up the holes left by the cavities. After applying the composite resin material, the doctor hardens the substance and polishes it to mimic your natural teeth.
After the composite filling procedure, the result is nearly invisible — nobody will tell that you have composite fillings.
Benefits of composite fillings
Are you torn between choosing composite fillings and other fillings? Here is why you should opt for composite fillings.
- They closely resemble your natural teeth
- The composite filling procedure is minimally invasive
- Composite fillings bond firmly in place — they are less likely to pop loose
- Composite fillings aren’t affected by temperature changes like metal fillings
- Unlike other fillings that may leak harmful mercury, composite fillings are completely safe
Dental Fillings in and around Marrero, Louisiana
Are you ready to take control of your dental health? Please dial (504) 340-9400 to book an appointment with the Smile in Style, Diem Do, DDS team. We serve the communities of Marrero, Harvey, Gretna, Westwego, New Orleans, Avondale, Metairie, Kenner, and Lafitte. Our dentistry team will install high-quality naturally looking cavity fillings to save your tooth now and for years to come.
Share this article